Current Opening Position
Translator/Interpreter (Mongolia) Support Services Department, Asia North Area
Provide English to Mongolian and Mongolian to English consecutive and simultaneous interpretation for Church leaders in meetings including devotionals, stake conferences, etc.
Manage multiple translation projects simultaneously by effectively allocating resources.
Find/train contractors and agencies; supervise/review their work.
Record materials for audiovisual productions.
Research, translate, review and proofread assigned materials including the Liahona, textbooks,
churchofjesuschrist.org, FamilySearch and S&I content and video subtitles and scripts.
Take ownership of projects to improve the Church publishing services.
- Current temple recommend.
- B.A. degree with 2-4 years of work experience or equivalent.
- Experience in interpretation including a volunteer work.
- Experience in project and resource management.
- Near-native ability in both English and Mongolian.
- Effective research and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Good computer skills. (SDL Trados, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Church doctrine, policies and ecclesiastical organization.
* Applicants may be accepted even if they do not meet all of the aforementioned qualifications.
- Job type: Full-time (1st year could be a one year contract)
- Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
- Location: Mongolia Service Center (Tokyo Street 6 Bayanzurkh District, 1st Khoroo Ulaanbaatar 210349 Mongolia)
- Deadline: July 10, 2021 (candidates may be interviewed or hired prior to the deadline)
- Starting date: Negotiable
Please submit your resume from the QR code to the right or at the website below:
Your personal information will be used for the Church’s selection process.
If you have any questions, please contact Yuki Kitahara (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Buyer & Retail Store Clerk (Mongolian)
This position helps make gospel teaching, resources, or services accessible to all in a simple and affordable way. Also this role requires the administration of all purchasing activities within an assigned area.
In this role, the incumbent: Directs care for all store operations to ensure superior customer service; Develops marketing plans and operation goals to improve effectiveness; Optimizes product display and satisfies customer expectations.
Sales Inventory: Assures that inventory on the floor is adequate to meet customer needs by overseeing store operations, using reports, and observation.
Retail Management: Assures that the store is attractively displayed, well presented, that adequate inventory is on the shelf, and proper layout facilitates traffic management; face to face interaction with customers to resolve more critical customer service concerns.
Assists with implementing continuous improvement programs in all areas of responsibility including stock, merchandising and training.
Requires daily interaction with requester and supplier representatives to provide technical and new product information, information on Church policies and procedures and solving problems.
Assists requesters to accurately determine their needs and provides them with appropriate options for best value that will meet their needs and comply with Church policy. Ensures accurate orders of procurement are made that meet customer’s expectations by carefully reviewing requisitions/purchase orders.
Qualifies and selects vendors, prepares requests for proposals, negotiates for materials and services. Fosters good vendor relations, stays abreast of changes in products, markets, and vendors. Monitor vendor performance and resolves problems.
- Hold a valid Temple Recommend.
- Understanding and applying good purchasing principles.
- Ability to use computers and learn new software applications quickly.
- Great negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Job type: Full-time
Deadline: June 11, 2021 (Candidates may be interviewed or hired prior to the deadline)
Location: Office in Mongolia
Salary: Follows Church Policy
Starting date: Negotiable
- Please submit your resume from the QR code or the link below. https://careersearch.churchofjesuschrist.org/Public/Search.aspx
- Your personal information will be used for the Church’s selection process.
- If you have any questions, please contact Yuki Kitahara (email@example.com).